All about CDC Voucher – How to Claim, Redeem & More
CDC Voucher – Governments are not just known to get taxes, but they are also known to provide several benefits to their citizens. Sometimes these benefits are direct, while a lot of times, the government provides these benefits through indirect mediums.
Finance minister Lawrence Wong recently announced in its budget 2022 that the community development council would provide Up to $500 in cash while Singaporean households can also get an additional $100. That decision came into effect after several economic reports mentioned that inflation is rising and it is becoming a little bit difficult for Singaporeans to live.
The current Deputy Prime Minister and then finance minister Mr. Heng Swee Keat, Launched the CDC vouchers platform back in June 2022. Each eligible Singaporean lower-income household received $50 worth of CDC vouchers back in June 2020 and January 2021.
As per the latest government data, there are 1.3 million Singaporean households, and they all will receive benefits worth $100 in CDC vouchers. The overall scheme is going to cost $130 million.
If you are not aware of how to claim CDC vouchers or spend them, do not worry about anything. We are here to help you with the same. All CDC vouchers are going to come with an expiry date of 31st December 2022.
Despite your receiving date, Everyone is suggested to redeem the vouchers before the 31st of December 2022.
How to claim CDC Vouchers?
As you are already aware, every Singaporean household is eligible to receive $100 worth of community development council vouchers, and they can be spent at participating heartland merchants and hawkers.
Now, the major question is how to claim CDC vouchers. You will see a lot of people talking about how to spend them because the information is still limited on how to grab them in the first place.
- To claim your CDC vouchers, you will have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of the government of Singapore.
- The button is going to redirect you to the redemption page, where it will ask you to click on the type of claim you want.
- Those who have never claimed any vouchers from the Singapore government can go for CDC vouchers 2021, or you can go with the latest CDC vouchers 2022.
- Once you have selected the date you want, come on now. It is time for you to log in with your singpass account.
- Your singpass account will help the government verify your details. As per the eligibility, each Singaporean household with at least one member will receive $100 worth of vouchers.
- The best way to log into your singpass account is using the QR code at the singpass application. In case you do not have the application, then you can simply use your singpass ID and password.
- As soon as you sign in with your account, it will allow you to log in and redeem your vouchers worth $100.
If you are not able to log in with your singpass account, Then you can also try to forget the password option or Retrieve your ID.
People who have never created a Singpass account are allowed to register themselves using all the valid documents right away. You will have to provide your FIN card Number along with all the basic details about yourself. It may take a few days to create your new singpass account.
Kindly do not worry about anything, as you can spend your $100 vouchers in multiple transactions. You do not have to spend all of your money in a single transaction, and the platform also allows you to create $5 or $10 separate coupons.
How to redeem CDC Vouchers?
Once you have got the CDC vouchers common now the thing you are going to ask is how to redeem them. Similar to the claiming process, the reduction process is also very simple, and anyone can use it at nearby merchants.
A huge number of merchants joined the government of Singapore when they first announced the CDC vouchers. You can follow the below-given step-by-step process to find all the nearby merchants where you can simply use your community development council vouchers.
- Click on the above-given button to reach the official website of the Singapore government. Nationally the button will further redirect you to the redemption page offering CDC vouchers.
- As soon as you land on the CDC vouchers redemption page, it will ask you to enter the merchant name and order your area postal code.
- We highly recommend everyone use the area postal code as it will provide more refined results.
- The area postal code is the best option for people who do not know about their locality.
- Thousands of merchants have joined the program to provide easy redemptions throughout the city.
- As soon as you enter your postal code, the platform will provide you with a longer list of available merchants.
- You can click on any merchant you want, and it will provide you with the exact mapped location of that merchant.
People who are not sure about their postal code can also use the search option to search by merchant. You can enter the first few letters of the merchant, and the platform will help you locate the merchant.
Kindly remember every voucher has an expiry of 31st December 2022. Regardless of your receipt, all vouchers are going to expire on 31st December 2022, and the government of Singapore suggests everyone redeem them as early as possible.
Another thing you should remember about these vouchers is that they do not apply to online stores. Yes, you will have to visit the store and ask for the payment via voucher.
The Singapore government decided not to use online platforms as the redemption platform for these vouchers for security reasons. A lot of new scams are happening around the nation, and everyone should be very careful while giving any OTP or passwords to any third party.
All about CDC Vouchers
Before we completely wrap up our session, let’s take a quick look at everything about these vouchers. The latest data points suggest that 87% of Singaporean households have already redeemed their CDC vouchers.
The government of Singapore has been suggesting everyone who has not redeemed these vouchers redeem them as soon as possible. The scheme is not going to last after 31st December 2022.
People who have never received any CDC vouchers can use the above-given step-by-step tutorial to get them. If you are among those people, then you can use the above-given step-by-step tutorial and get $200 worth of CDC vouchers without paying anything to anyone.
The platform is going to ask you about the details of your singpass account. You can also log in to the account using your password or QR code. People who do not have a single pass account are also allowed to create an account right away.
The government decided to provide $100 worth of vouchers to every eligible Singaporean household in the country as inflation is rising at a rapid speed. In 2021, the Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore mentioned in his speech that the government would spend $130 million on CDC vouchers to thank Singaporeans for their sense of solidarity.
This scheme is not just for residents, merchants can also join the CDC voucher scheme and get benefits.
One of the key benefits of joining the CDC voucher scheme is that the government will be able to off the spending the very next day. There won’t be any commissions or fees, and you won’t even have to count the vouchers physically.
What is the expiry date of CDC vouchers?
Once the government has issued you your eligible vouchers, it doesn’t mean that they are going to stay in your wallet forever. Every voucher has an expiry date, and it can be used till 31st December 2022. For example, you received $200 worth of a voucher, and you just redeemed Worth $50. It means that the pending amount will expire on 31st December 2022.
Can anyone share CDC vouchers with family members?
Yes, you can easily share your CDC vouchers with your family members. The platform to get your $100 worth of vouchers will allow you to create separate smaller vouchers and later share them with your family members. Your family members won’t have to prove their identity to use these vouchers.
How many CDC vouchers can I redeem?
Every Singaporean household in the country is eligible to redeem 2 CDC vouchers worth $100. Those who have already redeemed vouchers worth $100 back in 2021 won’t be allowed to redeem two times. People who have never redeemed any CDC vouchers can visit the official website and offer the government of Singapore to redeem them right away.