How to Get NHS Covid Passport? – Get Online – 2022
NHS COVID Passport – Similar to every other country in the world, The United Kingdom is also struggling with COVID-19. The efforts of the government in the United Kingdom have not been proven right to contain the spread of the virus.
The federal government has tried and tested every single thing related to COVID-19, starting from free vaccines, free COVID testing, etc. The English Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, is doing everything in his hand to ensure the safety of the people.
At the same time, the government is also doing everything to make sure that information and resources are accessible to every person in the country. NHS COVID Passport is among the topmost example of how the government is doing everything to ensure that people are getting the right information and access to resources
What is an NHS COVID Passport?
NHS COVID Passport Is a unique way to show your COVID-19 vaccination status over the test results when you are traveling abroad.
Even though the government has scrapped the need to show an NHS COVID Passport for domestic events and venues in England, it is still required to travel internationally.
You have to show proof of COVID vaccine nation and your COVID test results before you are allowed to board the flight for international travel. Every country has different rules and regulations to visit, and you have to follow those regulations.
It is a smartphone application, and you can show your NHS COVID Passport on a smartphone or tablet. You can also use it as a PDF format by printing it.
Kindly remember you have to set up your login at least two weeks before you want to use your NHS COVID Passport. It takes a few days to generate an NHS COVID Passport. Apart from that, you can also request to receive your past in other formats such as letter, audio, big print, and braille.
Eligibility for NHS COVID Passport
Now let’s take a look at the eligibility for an NHS COVID passport. The eligibility may change depending on the latest rules and regulations released by the government, so it is in your favor if you keep checking it weekly.
- You must be at least 12 years or older to get a digital NHS COVID pass for travel.
- Everyone below the age of 12 and above 5 has to ask for an NHS COVID passport for travel to be sent by post only. Currently, the digital facility is not available for people below the age of 12.
- NHS COVID Passport Can be based on Either your vaccination status or a positive PCR test result.
- Currently, no one is allowed to receive an NHS COVID passport based on a medical exemption.
You can receive your NHS COVID passport even after one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is recognized in the United Kingdom. It may not be valid in some countries, but you are eligible to receive an end chess COVID passport even after one dose.
Kindly read the requirements of the country you are visiting as different countries have different requirements. Usually, you require at least two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine recognized in the UK to enter most countries.
People who are citizens of England and did see their vaccine for COVID while they were living abroad can also use this service if you or your child are aged 5 years old or over and have an NHS number.
There is a list of Eligible vaccines. Kindly make sure you received one of these vaccines while living abroad.
- Oxford/AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Institute of India (Covishield)
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac)
- Beijing Institute of Biological Products (Sinopharm BIBP)
If you received a Sinopharm vaccine, your evidence must show that it was manufactured by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products (BIBP). Other Sinopharm manufacturers are not accepted for this service.
How to get an NHS COVID passport?
Now let’s take a look at the steps you have to follow to get an NHS COVID passport. Kindly remember the eligibility to get an NHS COVID passport may differ depending on your age.
- If you are above the age of 13, then you can use the above-given button to reach the landing page of NHS on Google Play.
- You have to be registered with a GP in England or the Isle of Man to generate and access a COVID passport on the NHS app.
- If you live in Wales, then you are not eligible to use the NHS app.
- The whole process is very easy. You just have to download the application and log in with your account.
Get an NHS COVID passport online.
If you are above the age of 12, then you can use the below-given steps to download your NHS COVID pass online. The National Health Service has a specific page where you can visit to download your NHS COVID passport.
You don’t have to be registered with the GP in England to use these steps. Apart from that, you can also skip downloading any application on your smartphone.
- First of all, click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official page of the NHS COVID passport.
- Once you are on the page, it will ask you to continue with NHS login, which is mandatory to use the platform.
- If you do not have any login, then it will ask you to enter your mobile number as soon as you enter your email on the first step.
- Now it will ask you to enter the six-digit code you received on your registered email address.
- Once you have successfully entered the six-digit code, it will ask you to enter your mobile number and other personal details, such as Full name, full address, etc.
What is the expiry of the NHS COVID passport?
As per the official website of the National Health Service, the NHS COVID passport has barcode lines on it, and there is a fixed set of expiry of these barcode lines.
If you are using the official application of the National Health Service to generate an NHS COVID passport, then you do not have to worry about the expiry date as it will refresh the barcode every time you log in to the application.
Every barcode of the NHS COVID passport is valid for 180 days. You do not have to do anything, and it will not affect your vaccination status under any circumstances.
If you are using offline methods for the NHS COVID pass, then you do not have to worry about its expiry as the barcodes do not refresh for offline methods.
You can freely download, save and print your NHS kobold passport. Even though it will expire after 180 days, you just have to download it once again and print it out. The national health service requests every user to always check for the NHS COVID passport expiry date.
Is your COVID Vaccine Record Missing?
A lot of people have been reporting missing or wrong COVID vaccine records when they generate NHS COVID passports.
If you are among those people who are missing your COVID vaccine record or it is wrong, then you can use the below-given steps to rectify the mistake.
- First of all, you have to call 119 and choose the option for a problem you are facing with your vaccine record.
- You can also ask the call agent to refer you to the vaccine data resolution service.
- To use the vaccine data resolution service, you have to be registered with a GP surgery in England.
- You must be vaccinated in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- The vaccine data resolution service will not work if you were vaccinated abroad or if personal details are incorrect.
NHS COVID passport Is a unique way to generate a COVID vaccine certificate and PCR test results. It is a very useful tool for people who are traveling abroad where they are required to show either their vaccination status or recovery from COVID.
We have talked about everything related to the National Health Service COVID pass. Kindly remember you are not required to show an NHS COVID passport while you are on domestic travel. It is only required for international travel and in selected countries.
I am a citizen of England, but I received vaccines while I was abroad. What should I do?
If you want to be a citizen of England and you saved your vaccine while you were abroad, you can ask the NHS to add it to your NHS vaccination record. If the vaccine you received is also approved in England, then the National Health Service will add it to your NHS vaccine record, and you will be able to generate an NHS COVID passport.
I took part in a clinical trial of the COVID vaccine. Will the National Health Service add that to my vaccine record?
Yes, under the latest rules and regulations, the National Health Service will add the status of your vaccine even if you were part of the COVID-19 vaccine trial in England. If your trial site has uploaded your vaccine information, then you will be able to generate an NHS COVID passport. If your records have not been updated yet, then you can contact your clinical trial site and ask for the same.