NHS COVID Passport for Travel – 2022
NHS COVID Passport – Even after 2 ½ years, COVID-19 is still among the biggest problems for the whole world. Most countries around the world have been struggling with the rising cases of COVID-19. It is not just affecting the United Kingdom, but it is also a big problem in countries like the United States, Canada, European Union, and Australia.
Citizens of the UK do not have to worry about anything related to COVID guidelines, but when you start traveling internationally, then you have to follow the rules and regulations set by the governments of other countries.
These days nobody is allowed to Travel internationally if they are not fully vaccinated. Some countries are also looking for people who have already received the booster shots, but most of the time, people are allowed to enter the country if they have received two shots.
What is an NHS COVID Passport?
As you are already aware, you have to show your vaccination status when you are traveling abroad. To ensure the safety and ease of the citizens of the United Kingdom, the government launched the NHS COVID passport scheme to validate the COVID vaccine status and test results.
It is a centralized database of every citizen of the United Kingdom who has already received the vaccines for COVID-19. At the same time, you also check your COVID testing results on a similar platform.
By using a centralized database, the government of the United Kingdom is doing several things at the same time. First of all, the dilemma of authenticity is not here as everyone who has received the COVID vaccine has been enrolled in the database.
At the same time, the NHS COVID passport is a valid document in every country. As a result, the citizens of the UK, Do not have to prove the authenticity of the vaccine status.
Eligibility for NHS COVID Passport
The National Health Service Has preset eligibility for an NHS COVID passport. To complete the whole process smoothly, you should read the eligibility criteria. Different age groups have different eligibility criteria, and you should be aware of that.
- To use an NHS COVID passport, you must be at least 12 years old. The National Health Service does not allow anyone below the age of 12 to use an NHS COVID passport using digital methods.
- Everyone above the age of 5 and below the age of 12 has to ask the National Health Service for an NHS COVID passport. After that, the National Health Service will send you the pass by post.
- The digital NHS COVID passport service is not available for everyone below the age of 12 in the United Kingdom.
The National Health Service is going to use your records based on your vaccination status or positive test results of COVID-19 in the last 180 days over six months.
For example, If you were found positive for COVID-19 30 or 60 days, then you can request for an NHS COVID passport using the official website or Postal Service. The National Health Service will issue a pass based on your testing results.
A few weeks ago, the National Health Service updated its guidelines, and no one is allowed to get an NHS COVID passport based on a medical exemption. In case you are eligible for a medical exemption, then your NHL app will show it under check your code vaccine record.
What type of vaccines is eligible for an NHS COVID passport?
Before we wrap up this session, let’s talk about the eligible vaccines for the NHS COVID passport. Not every vaccine in the world is eligible for an NHS COVID passport. The National Health Service has set its list of these eligible vaccines.
There is a list of Eligible vaccines. Kindly make sure you received one of these vaccines while living abroad.
- Oxford/AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Institute of India (Covishield)
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac)
- Beijing Institute of Biological Products (Sinopharm BIBP)
If you received a Sinopharm vaccine, your evidence must show that it was manufactured by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products (BIBP). Other Sinopharm manufacturers are not accepted for this service.
Get an NHS COVID passport.
Before we wrap this session, let’s take a look at how you can get your NHS COVID passport. As you might be already aware, there are different ways you can apply for an NHS COVID passport.
- The National Health Service has launched its mobile application on both Android and iOS.
- You can click on the above-given button to download the official application from the National Health Service on the Google Play store.
- Once you have downloaded the service application, you can enter your credentials and log in.
- Every user at the National Health Service application must be at least 13 years old, as the National Health Service does not issue COVID past to anyone below the age of 12.
- You have to enter the credentials of a GP in England, and as soon as you enter these credentials, the National Health Service will issue a comment pass on your application.
What is the use of an NHS COVID passport?
NHS COVID passport Is a centralized database that can be your witness for COVID vaccine and COVID test results while you are traveling abroad. It is valid in every country, and you do not have to carry any other documents for your COVID vaccine and testing status while you are traveling internationally. NHS COVID passport will contain all information, including your vaccine and over-testing status.
Is everyone in the United Kingdom eligible to use an NHS COVID passport?
No, not every citizen of the United Kingdom is eligible to use an NHS COVID passport. It is completely clear in the guidelines that people who live in Wales are not eligible to use the National Health Service application.
What are the charges of an NHS COVID passport?
The National Health Service does not charge anything to generate NHS COVID passports. As you’re already aware, the COVID vaccine is completely free in England, and the National Health Service issues a COVID pass based on your vaccination status. As a result, you can get an NHS COVID passport completely free of cost.