Since December 2019, the U.S. government has been dedicated to combating COVID-19. This commitment includes funding vaccines, free testing, and vaccines for all. Recognizing the importance of testing, they now offer free at-home COVID tests for eligible households, providing a convenient and crucial tool to control the virus’s spread.
What’s New in USPS Free COVID Tests?
USPS Free COVID Tests have undergone an update. While they were previously provided in sets of four, the federal government is now offering eight COVID tests. You’ll receive two packages, each containing four tests.
These at-home COVID tests, facilitated by the United States Postal Service, are similar to over-the-counter or rapid antigen tests, differing only in names. They deliver results in just 10 to 15 minutes, all from the comfort of your home, much like at-home pregnancy tests.
While not as accurate as RT-PCR tests, they play a vital role in ensuring your safety and that of your family. The convenience of testing at your preferred time and place, without the need for appointments, makes them a valuable resource in protecting against COVID-19.
Order USPS COVID Tests
Now let’s take a look at the order process to get free USPS COVID tests at home. Even though the process of ordering a USPS-free COVID test is very easy, any wrong information provided in the process might lead to rejection.
Every household in the United States is eligible to order one Pack of two kits that contain eight total tests. The United States Postal Service is not going to deliver tests to the same address with different names.
You must make sure that you are entering the correct information required to order these tests. Apart from that, we have also added a step-by-step process, and you can follow the process to order these free tests.
There are two methods to order free USPS COVID tests provided by the federal government. In the first method, we will use the official website of COVID tests launched by the federal government with the help of the United States Postal Service.
- First of all, you have to click on the button given above. This button contains the URL of the official website launched by the federal government to provide free test kits.
- Once you have landed on the homepage of the official website for COVID tests, you can find a button named Order free at-home tests and click on that.
- This button named Order free at-home tests will redirect you to the official website of the United States Postal Service. The button will also redirect you to the order page.
- Now, On the order page, you have to provide complete information. First of all, you have to let them know about your first name and last name. After that, you have to enter a complete shipping address which will include street address, PO box, apartment number, City name, state or province, and zip code.
- Once you have entered all the details correctly, you can click on the check-out now button.
Now your order has been placed, and if you have not received eight free COVID tests provided by the federal government with the help of the United States Postal Service, you will receive the shipping information as soon as they are shipped.
Usually, it takes around two to four days to deliver those tests to your doorstep. At the same time, you do not have to pay anything to receive these free tests. The cost of the test and shipping charges are free and have been paid by the federal government.
Now let’s take a look at method two to order these USPS-free COVID tests. It is a bit easier, and you have to use the official website of the United States Postal Service directly rather than getting redirected from an official website of the federal government.
- Kindly click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the order page of the United States Postal Service.
- It is the same order page as the method one. We do not recommend anyone to use this method because a lot of people have been scammed by creating a fake website similar to USPS.
- Once you have reached the official website of USPS, kindly enter the information, which includes your full name, your full address, and contact information, to receive the shipping updates.
- After that, you can click on order now, and if you are eligible to receive aid-free COVID tests, then USPS will deliver them in two to four days. Any wrong information might lead to rejection.
Kindly remember, under any circumstances, you do not have to pay anything to receive the USPS free COVID tests provided by the federal government of the United States.
If you are eligible to receive these tests, the United States Postal Service will deliver them to your doorstep without any cost once you make the order. If anyone is asking you for delivery fees or shipping fees, then you should report it to the authorities.
Alternatives of USPS Free COVID Tests
If you have already exhausted your free USPS COVID tests, or you are not eligible to receive these tests, you can look out for other alternatives.
In the United States, Every health insurance provider is liable to provide Aid-free at-home COVID tests to each individual included in the plan.
For example, if you have five members in your health plan, then you are eligible to receive 40 at-home COVID tests each month. You can visit any nearby pharmacy or online marketplace to order these at home over tests.
Most health insurance providers ask you to pay the money upfront once and later get it as a reimbursement. Some health insurance providers might allow you to use your health insurance card to receive these tests without paying anything.
Before you make any purchase, we suggest you consult with your pharmacy and health insurance provider regarding the reimbursements.
Apart from free USPS COVID tests and health insurance reimbursements, The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is also providing free COVID tests at more than 20,000 locations nationwide.
The CDC is in partnership with several pharmaceutical giants such as Walgreens, CVS Health, and Rite Aid to provide free COVID tests to every eligible American in the country.
You can get a cost antigen and RT PCR test, which is eligible to travel internationally. These pharmaceutical giants are not currently accepting walk-ins, and you have to make a prior appointment using their official website.
FAQs About USPS Free COVID Tests:
1. What is USPS Free COVID Test program?
USPS Free COVID Test program is an initiative by the United States Postal Service to provide free COVID-19 test kits to eligible households.
2. How can I order USPS Free COVID Test kits?
You can order USPS Free COVID Test kits online through the USPS website.
3. Who is eligible to receive USPS Free COVID Tests?
Eligibility for USPS Free COVID Tests may vary, but generally includes U.S. residents. Specific eligibility details can be found on the USPS website.
4. Are the USPS Free COVID Tests completely free?
Yes, USPS Free COVID Tests are provided at no cost to eligible individuals and households.
5. How many tests are included in each USPS Free COVID Test kit?
Each USPS Free COVID Test kit typically includes multiple tests. Specific details can vary, so check the package for the number of tests included.
6. Can I request USPS Free COVID Test kits for my entire household?
Yes, eligible households can typically request multiple test kits to cover all eligible members.
7. What type of COVID test is provided in the USPS kits?
USPS Free COVID Test kits usually contain rapid antigen tests, which provide results within a short timeframe.
8. How long does it take to receive USPS Free COVID Test kits after ordering?
Delivery times for USPS Free COVID Test kits can vary, but they generally arrive within a few days to a week.
9. How do I return the test samples after using USPS Free COVID Tests?
USPS Free COVID Test kits often include prepaid return shipping labels and clear instructions on how to return your samples.
10. Are USPS Free COVID Tests as accurate as other types of COVID testing?
– While USPS Free COVID Tests are useful for detecting the virus, they may not be as accurate as RT-PCR tests. Consult with healthcare professionals for more information on testing accuracy and interpretation.
11. Do I have to pay shipping charges to receive free USPS COVID tests provided by the federal government?
No, you do not have to pay anything, either shipping charges or older charges, to receive free USPS COVID tests provided by the federal government of the United States. If anyone is asking you for the money to deliver these tests, then you should report it to the authorities. These tests are completely free, and every eligible household in the United States will receive them once they make an order using the official website of the United States Postal Service.