Get New COVID Booster Shot – Eligibility & More – COVID19
New COVID Booster Shot has been launched by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States. It was among the most awaited COVID vaccines since the FDA approved the primary series of COVID scenes. The old COVID vaccine and its booster shots were not effective against currently dominating variants of COVID-19, which was even recognized by the FDA.
The Food and Drug Administration of the United States requested every vaccine manufacturer in the country to work on a variant-specific vaccine for COVID-19. The instructions were given in June 2022, and two of the most popular vaccine manufacturers in the United States came up with their new COVID booster shot in August 2022, which was approved on August 31, 2022.
Along with the approval of new COVID booster shots, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States has suggested the eligibility to receive those booster shots. Both of the new COVID booster shots are made a little bit different, and that is why the eligibility criteria to receive those booster shots are different.
What is so special about the New COVID Booster Shot?
Even if you decide to get yourself vaccinated with a new COVID booster shot, you need to learn about the specialties of the vaccine.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States is not just asking you to get yourself vaccinated with another booster shot. A New COVID booster shot which is also known as an updated COVID booster shot, is known to provide greater protection against currently dominating variants such as BA4 and BA4.
Most vaccines in the world contain inactivated viruses so that your body learns how to fight the virus. It is a regular process, and viruses like COVID-19 are going to change their shape over a period of time due to several circumstances.
A similar thing happened with COVID-19. Currently dominating variants of COVID-19 are somewhat immune to the old vaccine and its booster shots. That is why vaccine manufacturers, including Pfizer and Moderna, came up with new COVID booster shots.
These COVID booster shots are going to contain the strength of omicron or other sub-variants of COVID-19. Eventually, it will provide better protection against omicron and its sub-variants.
What are the side Effects of the New COVID Booster Shot?
A New COVID booster shot is not a 100% side effect-free COVID vaccine. Similar to any other COVID vaccine in the world, new COVID booster shots also have some side effects. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention believe people who are thinking of getting themselves vaccinated with a new COVID booster shot should also learn about the general side effects of the vaccine.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released a list of side effects of new COVID booster shots. There is a very high probability that everyone who is going to receive the vaccine might experience the below-given list of side effects.
- Pain on the site of injection
- Pain in the arm
- Swelling on the site of injection
- Muscle pain
- Body ache
- Extreme fatigue
These are the general side effects of the new COVID booster shot. Most people who are going to receive the booster shot might experience it with low intensity. Usually, people do not require any medication to get better from these side effects.
In case you start experiencing symptoms with high severity, or you start developing any other symptom which is not in the above-given list, then you should consult with your health care provider as early as possible.
A New COVID booster shot is also known for being allergy-free, so you make sure that you do not have any allergic reaction to any ingredient used in the vaccine.
Eligibility to receive New COVID Booster Shot
The Food and Drug Administration of The United States has recommended specific guidelines for new COVID booster shots in the country. On the given guidelines, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released a separate set of guidelines explaining the general recommended eligibility to receive new COVID booster shots.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States suggests everyone eligible to receive a new COVID booster shot get themselves vaccinated as early as possible. The New COVID booster shot is known to provide greater protection against currently dominating variants of COVID-19.
- Everyone above the age of 12 is eligible to receive a Pfizer new COVID booster shot.
- Everyone above the age of 18 is eligible to receive a Moderna New COVID booster shot.
- You must maintain at least a two months gap between your new COVID booster shot and the Last COVID vaccine.
As its name suggests, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention consider it to have a booster shot; it means you must be vaccinated with a primary series of COVID vaccines. Apart from that, new COVID booster shots also fall in the mix-and-match policy of the federal government.
People who have received primary series of any approved vaccine, including Johnson and Johnson, are eligible to receive new COVID booster shots without anyone.
Where to get a New COVID Booster Shot?
Before we wrap up this session, let’s take a quick look at the places where you can get yourself vaccinated with a new COVID booster shot. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States have already made it clear that Americans can get themselves vaccinated with new COVID booster shots at more than 10,000 locations throughout the nation.
The CDC is in partnership with several pharmaceutical companies, and they suggest everyone create an online appointment before they visit the vaccination site. Let’s take a look at some of those platforms.
CVS pharmacy is probably the biggest name among pharmaceutical giants active in the United States. They have more than 5000 locations throughout the nation, and Americans can get themselves vaccinated at any CVS pharmacy without any cost. They are in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide free code vaccination.
- To get yourself vaccinated at CVS pharmacy, you have to create an appointment using the above-given button.
- As soon as you land on the vaccination appointment page, CVS pharmacy will ask you a bunch of questions, including the credentials of your old CVS account.
- Once you have entered all the information, it will take you to the next page, where you have to enter some other information, including date of birth, type of vaccine you are looking for, zip code, insurance status, etc.
- The best part about CVS pharmacy is that it allows you to create your flu shot appointment at the same time you are creating an appointment for a new COVID booster shot.
- On the next page, it will ask you to select your vaccination pharmacy, date, and time.
- Lastly, it will ask you to enter the complete information of the patients starting from the first name to the email address and mobile number.
As soon as you enter all the information, it will create an appointment for you. CVS pharmacies suggest everyone reach the vaccination site at least 10 to 15 minutes before the appointment time.
Walgreens pharmacy is another big name when it comes to pharmaceutical giants active in the United States. They also have more than 5000 locations throughout the nation in all 50 States, and in partnership with the CDC, they are providing COVID shots free of cost.
Walgreens has recently announced that they are starting new COVID booster shots at all of their locations. Americans can get themselves vaccinated at any Walgreens facility by creating an early appointment using the below given step-by-step process.
- To get vaccinated with a new COVID booster shot at Walgreens pharmacy, you have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of Walgreens.
- On the appointment page, it will ask you two questions. First of all, you have to enter your zip code, and the second thing you have to enter is the date of birth of the patient.
- After that, it will ask you to select the type of vaccine you are looking for. You can also select the flu vaccine.
- On the next page, it will ask you about your COVID vaccine status. As booster shots are available for people who have already received the primary series, you have to select the date of your last COVID vaccine.
- After that, it will ask you to select the vaccination site, date, and time of your appointment. On the same page, you can also select your vaccine manufacturer. There are two options available for that.
- Lastly, it will ask you to enter the complete information of the patients starting from the first name to all the way contact information.
When you enter all this information, it will ask you to review it. In case you find everything correct, then you can proceed, and it will create your appointment. Try to report to the vaccination site at least 10 minutes before your appointment time.
Is a new COVID booster shot available in the United States?
Yes, the booking of new COVID booster shots has been started by old pharmaceutical giants who are in partnership with the Centers for Disease control and prevention.