Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments
Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments – During the tough times of novel coronavirus, a few handfuls of pharmaceutical companies and independent clinics help the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to test admin people as possible for COVID-19.
Walgreens pharmacy was one of those few Pharmaceutical companies which were helping the Centers for Disease Control and prevention with one of the biggest coronavirus tests in the world.
Apart from the COVID testing, Walgreens is also helping the Centers for Disease Control and prevention to drive one of the biggest COVID vaccination drives in the world. You can easily create an appointment to get yourself vaccinated at any Walgreens pharmacy throughout the nation.
Today we will not talk about the vaccination process but Walgreens COVID testing and appointments. Testing is one of the biggest weapons against novel coronavirus. If you are traveling in some other country, you will require a COVID negative test report. So let’s take a look at all the things related to Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments.
Types of Walgreens Covid Testing
Before we talk about the biggest query of that day, let’s first take a look at the types of tests available at Walgreens pharmacy.
You might not know that, but there are a few different types of tests available for COVID-19. Not every test is similar, and you should read the rules and regulations of the country you are traveling to.
Just like its competitors, Walgreens also has three different tests. You can take one test depending on your requirement. Usually, I will suggest everyone get a PCR test if they are traveling internationally.
On the other hand, if you are taking the Walgreens COVID test just for precautionary measures, then go for a rapid antigen test.
- PCR COVID laboratory test is one of the best tests, and it usually takes around 48 hours to deliver the results.
- The rapid NAAT Test is like an antigen test that provides results within two hours. Usually, it is not valid for international travel, but you can always check the regulations of the country you are traveling to.
- The rapid antigen test is one of the first tests available at any Walgreens pharmacy. It can provide results within 15 minutes to two hours. But, this test will not be a valid test for traveling internationally.
Walgreens Covid Testing Process
Now let’s address the biggest query of the day, which is the Walgreens COVID testing/appointment process. Kindly read every step because any action might become the reason that your application gets rejected.
At the same time, you should also make sure that you are using a car because Walgreens covid testing is only available with Drive-thru only.
- First of all, kindly click on the button given above. The button will take you to the official website of Walgreens and redirect you to the Walgreens COVID testing/appointment page.
- As soon as you land on the page, you will see a box with a random address or zip code. You have to enter your address, city name, or zip code in that box.
- Once you have entered your zip code or address, it will show you all the nearby Walgreens pharmacies.
- After scrolling a little bit down, it will show you all three tests available at Walgreens pharmacies across the nation.
- Once you select the test you want to take, The platform will filter all the pharmacies nearby your zip code. It will only show you the laboratories which have the test you are looking for.
- Now, you can select the laboratory you want to visit, and it will show you the date and time for your appointment.
Kindly remember it will only show you the date and time which is available, not the date and time if you are looking. If you are looking for a specific time that is not available for a specific day, then try any other day or time.
- The next page will show you a huge set of requirements. You will have to enter the patient, gender, date of birth, full address, email ID, and mobile number.
- Lastly, you can also opt for gender and ethnicity, which is going to help the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to gather the data and find out who is more vulnerable.
- As soon as you enter all the information, it will create an appointment for you, and it will also send you a confirmation email.
What are the Charges of Walgreens COVID Testing?
COVID testing at Walgreens pharmacy is completely free. The pharmacy is in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the whole charges are being paid by the federal government of the United States of America.
At the same time, you can also show your insurance card if you are insured for any further diagnosis or treatment for novel coronavirus. If you have insurance or not, Walgreens is not going to cost you anything.
Walgreens is among the few handfuls of pharmaceutical companies and independent clinics actively working in the United States of America to provide free COVID testing to all eligible Americans.
Even though they are doing it in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and prevention, they are exhausting their resources to ensure the safety of every American.
If you want to get yourself tested at any Walgreens pharmacy, then you have to get a Walgreens COVID testing appointment. Without the appointment, Walgreens might reject your request to test you for COVID-19.
In the above global, we have talked about a step-by-step process for Walgreens COVID testing appointments. Currently. Take a look at all the steps very carefully. Any wrong information might lead you to get rejected.
You don’t have to pay anything. Just bring an Appointment confirmation email printout along with a photo ID. You can also use a driver’s license and insurance health card if you have any.
Is there any document requirement for Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments?
Yes, you have to bring a few documents along with you while you are coming for Walgreens COVID testing/appointment. First of all, you have to bring a copy of your appointment application confirmation email. Secondly, you will require a state-valid identification card or driver’s license, if applicable. You can also bring your insurance card or voucher.
Which type of Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments is required for travel?
Generally, people are required to have a COVID negative PCR test report not older than three results before traveling internationally. But, in recent months, a lot of countries have either lifted the COVID-19 test report requirement or have also started accepting the NAAT test, Which is as effective as the PCR test and as fast as the rapid antigen test.
Is there any age limit for Walgreens Covid Testing/Appointments?
As per the guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention, Walgreens offers free COVID testing for all patients above the age of 3. All the minors can get tested at any pharmacy of Walgreens for COVID-19, but they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.