Free CVS Covid Testing/Appointments Scheduling – December 2022
CVS Covid Testing/Appointments
CVS Covid Testing/Appointments – CVS health and pharmacy is doing a tremendous job during the pandemic. They have partnered with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide several COVID-19-related services free of cost to all eligible Americans living within the boundaries of the US.
First of all, CVS started coronavirus testing for COVID-19 free of cost, which is still going on, and every eligible American can get a free test for COVID-19 at thousands of different CVS locations nationwide.
Soon after, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States approved the use of several coronavirus vaccines, including Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ask CVS Health and the pharmacy to take the job, and they are still doing it happily.
But we will not talk about coronavirus vaccination, but we will talk about the testing and other things related to the scene. CVS COVID testing and appointments have become a major issue because a lot of people find it very hard to create an appointment using the official website. Today we will just talk about CVS Covid Testing/Appointments.
CVS COVID Testing Types
Even though you are getting yourself tested for COVID-19, this doesn’t mean that there is only a single test. Currently, there are three different types of tests, and every test has a different procedure. At the same time, they also take different times to provide results.
You must make sure you are using the right test because it may cause trouble for you. For example, you are traveling abroad, and they require a PCR test. But, you took a rapid result antigen test, which is not a valid test for international traveling.
Always read the guidelines and rules very clearly. If you are using the test because you are getting the symptoms, then any test will be fine.
- The first type of test is the PCR test. It is one of the most accurate tests, and usually, it takes at least one to two days to provide the results. Most countries ask you to get a PCR test if you are traveling in their country.
- The second type of test is the rapid test. It is an antigen test, and countries do not accept it for traveling. You can get the results in just five to 10 minutes.
- The final type of test is a rapid antigen test. You can get results within an hour, but it is not eligible for travel.
CVS COVID Testing/Appointment Process
Now let’s take a look at the biggest query of the day, which is the CVS Covid Testing/Appointments process. The whole appointment process is very easy to use, and anyone with an Internet connection and a mobile phone can do it for you.
Kindly read all the steps very carefully and Proceed according to the steps. CVS will not accept any wrong information, and your appointment might get rejected.
- First of all, you have to click on the button given above. That button will take you to the official website of CVS Health and pharmacy and redirect you to the minute clinic where you will be able to create your appointment.
- Now you will see a box called where you live. Kindly enter either your zip code or city name. The zip code will help CVS Health to find the exact location where you live, and it will show you all the nearby minute clinics.
- As soon as you enter your zip code or city name, it will ask you a bunch of questions starting from why you are seeking a serious COVID testing appointment.
- Kindly fill in all the questions. All of these questions are mandatory.
- The next window will show you all the nearby CVS minute clinics.
Before you select any nearby clinic, kindly make sure you are searching for the right test. As you already know, there are three types of tests available at the CVS minute clinic.
At the same time, you should also remember not every test is available at every CVS minute clinic location. Some clinics might not provide all three tests. So it will be in favor if you select that test first and then start finding the clinic.
- As soon as you select the lab test, it will ask you to also select the appointment date and time.
The till date section is fine, but you should only select the time of the pharmacy you are going to visit. Many people make the mistake of selecting the time of different clinics and visiting the wrong clinic.
- On the next page, it will ask you to enter the personal information of the patient, starting from full name, date of birth, complete address, gender, etc.
- At last, you have to enter your contact information and health insurance status. As soon as you enter these things, it will create an appointment for you.
We will suggest you reach the clinic at least 10 minutes before your appointment. Currently, there is no option to edit your appointment. You have to cancel your appointment and create a fresh one if you want to make any changes.
CVS Health and pharmacy have become one of the biggest assets of the United States of America during the tough times of the pandemic. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have also partnered with CVS Health to provide COVID-19 testing and vaccination to all eligible Americans at no cost.
Currently, CVS is not accepting walk-ins, and you have to get a CVS COVID testing appointment to get yourself tested for novel coronavirus.
There are three different types of tests available at CVS Health and pharmacy. Among those three, the PCR test is the best, and it is valid in every country. Usually, you have to get a PCR test to travel abroad. PCR antigen and antigen tests are also available without any cost.
We have attached a step-by-step process for CVS COVID testing appointment, In the article above. You can take a look at all the steps and follow those steps to create a successful CVS COVID testing appointment.
Do I have to pay for CVS Covid Testing/Appointments?
No, you do not have to pay anything for serious COVID testing. If you have insurance, then kindly do not forget to bring your health card, and if you are not insured, then kindly bring your Social Security card, driver’s license, or any other photo identification card. For example, if you are not able to bring your identification, then you have to pay $139. $100 is the price of an independent lab that will process the test and $39 for visiting a minute clinic.
In which state CVS Covid Testing/Appointments is not available?
CVS COVID testing is available throughout the whole nation, but there are a few states in which the series does not have any testing facility available. For example, you cannot get tested for COVID-19 at any of CVS Health and pharmacy in Alaska, South Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming, and Idaho. These are the five states where CVS COVID testing is not available. If you are from these stairs, then you should check the local resources or public Health Center.
What type of test is valid for international travel?
If you want to travel internationally, then you have to use a PCR test which will provide results within one or two days. Always take tests at least two days in advance, and most countries accept tests as old as 72 hours. We have attached a step-by-step CVS COVID testing appointment tutorial. You can follow the above-given steps and easily create an appointment for yourself.