Walmart Covid Vaccine – United States is once again recording a sharp rise in interest in the COVID vaccine. The whole shift in momentum came after the Food and Drug Administration of the United States gave its nod to the latest updated COVID vaccine.
The Food and Drug Administration gave its approval to two different updated booster shots in the country. At the same time, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention started vaccinating every eligible American With that updated COVID vaccine.
Till September 2022, the whole country was debating the effectiveness of COVID vaccine. Yes, old COVID vaccines and their booster shots were not as effective as against currently dominating sub-variants of COVID-19, you might think.
Now, the whole situation has completely changed, and a lot of Americans are looking to get themselves vaccinated with the latest and updated COVID booster shots. That is why today we are here to discuss everything regarding the Walmart COVID vaccine. Yes, don’t get surprised to know that you can get yourself vaccinated at Walmart.
Walmart COVID Vaccine Eligibility
Before we move ahead or talk about the whole appointment process of the COVID vaccine at Walmart facilities, let’s take a quick look at the eligibility criteria to receive the vaccine.
The Food and Drug Administration has released guidelines mentioning the eligibility criteria for every COVID vaccine in the country. Everyone eligible according to the eligibility criteria is also suggested to get vaccinated with the vaccine as early as possible.
- Everyone above the age of six months in the United States is eligible to receive the primary series of COVID vaccines.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend three different COVID vaccine manufacturers, Pfizer, Moderna, and Novavax.
- The Food and Drug Administration has limited the use of the Johnson and Johnson COVID vaccine due to its adverse effects, including severe blood clotting disease.
- The primary series of the COVID vaccine is going to contain at least two shots, and you must maintain at least an eight weeks gap between both of the shorts.
- For more information regarding the primary series, you can consult with your healthcare provider.
- Old booster shots are not available in the United States for everyone above the age of 12.
- Everyone above the age of 12 is eligible to receive Pfizer updated COVID booster shots.
- Everyone above the age of 18 is eligible to receive Moderna, updated COVID booster shots in the United States.
- You must maintain at least a two months gap between your last shot of the COVID vaccine and the updated booster shot.
Walmart COVID Vaccine Appointment Process
Similar to any other vaccination site in the United States, Walmart also suggests everyone go through their official website to create an early appointment for the COVID vaccine.
The whole Walmart COVID vaccine appointment process is very easy, and we have attached a step-by-step tutorial so that you can easily create your appointment.
- Kindly click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of Walmart.
- Walmart’s COVID vaccine appointment process is a little bit challenging as compared to any other vaccination site in the country.
- As soon as you click on the button, it will take you to the page where you have to sign in with your Walmart account.
- Walmart does not allow anyone to create COVID vaccine appointments on their website without having a Walmart account.
- Don’t worry. You don’t have to pay anything to create your Walmart account. At the same time, you don’t have to make any purchases whatsoever.
- Once you have logged in with your Walmart account or created a new one, kindly click on the button once again, which will directly take you to the appointment page.
- On the Walmart COVID vaccine appointment page, it will ask you to enter the date of birth of the patient.
Kindly do not make any mistake while entering the date of birth of the patient, as there is a specific eligibility criterion according to the age of the person. Any wrong information might lead you to rejection at the time of the vaccination.
- Once you have entered the date of birth of the patient, the appointment process will ask you to enter the five-digit zip code, city name, or complete state name where you want to get yourself vaccinated.
- After that, it will ask you to select the type of vaccine you are looking for. As we are looking for a COVID vaccine, you can simply click on COVID, and later it will ask you to select the ones we are looking for.
- Once you have selected the type of vaccine and the dose, it will ask you to select the date and time of your appointment.
- If you are going for the primary series of the COVID vaccine, it might ask you to select the date and time for your second dose of the primary series.
- Lastly, the appointment process will ask you to enter the complete information regarding the patient, starting from the first name all the way mobile number, and email address.
Walmart suggests everyone reach the vaccination site at least 10 to 15 minutes before the appointment. If you fail to reach the vaccination site, there is a high probability that the vaccination site will reject your application.
Apart from that, make sure that you are going to bring your one photo ID along with your vaccination card if applicable. Your photo ID will verify your date of birth, and your vaccination card will make sure that you are maintaining an adequate gap between your COVID vaccines.
Kindly make sure you are only entering the right information, as there is an eligibility criterion for each COVID vaccine. Any wrong information might lead you to rejection at the time of vaccination, even if you have all the proof.
Can I get a same-day appointment for the Walmart COVID vaccine?
You might be able to get yourself vaccinated with the same-day appointment for the Walmart COVID vaccine. If you take a look at the current trend and data points, you will find that most people are interested in updated booster shots. If you are trying to get yourself vaccinated with the primary series, then you are in luck, and you can get yourself vaccinated with a same-day appointment.