Get Free CVS Second Booster Shot – Covid Booster Vaccine Near Me – COVID19
CVS second booster shot – For the last three weeks, the second booster shot of the COVID-19 vaccine has become a hot topic of debate in the United States and around the world.
Even though COVID-19 has been in the news every day since the very first day of November 2019, the new debate Started after the Food and Drug Administration of the United States announced the 4th dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, which will be the second booster shot.
There is no doubt the whole world is suffering from the novel coronavirus, and we can see the impact of the virus on the United States also. A lot of people are skeptical about the effectiveness of the vaccine for COVID-19. Most of the vaccines were approved using emergency codes, and even after the vaccination, people are advised to follow COVID guidelines which raise questions.
Even though a huge number of people believe that the effectiveness of the COVID vaccine is near zero as you have to follow precautionary guidelines even after full vaccination, we cannot rule out every benefit.
That is why today we are here to talk about everything related to CVS’s second booster shot. So let’s get started.
Eligibility for CVS Second Booster Shot
Before talking about anything else, let’s take a look at the eligibility for CVS’s second booster shot. Not every resident of the United States of America is eligible for a second booster shot. There are a few categories of eligible people, While others are not eligible Yet.
- Every American above the age of 50 is eligible to get a second booster dose of Moderna or Pfizer vaccine.
- There must be a 120 days gap between the first and second dose of your booster shot. Either you are eligible based on age or immunocompromised. Everyone has to follow a 120 days gap no matter what.
- You cannot take a second booster shot unless you have already received two primary doses and one booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Patients who are older than age 12 to 18 years old may receive a second booster dose if they are moderately or severely immunocompromised.
- If you are taking Pfizer’s second booster dose, then you are eligible even after age 12, while people who are taking Moderna’s second booster dose should be older than 18.
If you are between the ages of 12 to 17, then you can only get a Pfizer booster shot for the second time as Moderna is not approved For this age group yet.
Appointment of CVS second booster shot
Now let’s take a look at the appointment process for CVS second booster shot. It is a very easy process, and you have to get an appointment using their official website. Kindly follow our below given step-by-step tutorial to get an appointment for CVS second booster shot.
The official appointment page of the CVS second booster shot will ask you personal questions such as your age, vaccine history, name, etc. we will advise you to keep these things ready for a smooth experience.
- First of all, kindly click on the above-given button, which will take you to the official appointment page of CVS second booster shot.
- Once you have reached the page, Kindly click on the red color button named to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine at CVS.
- Now it will ask you who you are scheduling for. You can click on individual options and move ahead.
- On the second page, it will ask if you have been positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Apart from that, it will also ask if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, chills, Chills, Difficulty in breathing, fatigue, loss of smell and taste, sore throat, etc.
- You can select no on both of the options if you have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have not got any symptoms related to that.
- After that, it will ask you for the date of birth of the patient. After that, it will ask you which vaccine you are applying for. You can select the first one named COVID-19, including the booster.
- After that, it will ask you which COVID-19 vaccine you are looking for. Kindly click on the last option named I needs to schedule a first or second booster dose.
- The next page will ask you if you are in a new compromise and which booster doors you want to schedule. Apart from that, it will also ask you the last date of your COVID vaccine.
- Now it will ask you to enter a nearby pin code or name of your neighborhood. It will show you all the CVS Health and pharmacies in your location. Apart from that, it will also show you all the vaccines and eligibility dates and times.
- As soon as you have entered all the details, it will take you to the next page, where it will ask you about your name, age, address, mobile number, email ID, etc.
Kindly remember, that you must have at least 120 days gap between your two dosages,
Side effects of CVS Second Booster Shot
Are you worried about the side effects of the CVS second booster shot? Don’t do it. Before you move ahead and talk about all the side effects of the second booster dose of COVID-19, let me be clear that there are no new side effects.
As per the Food and Drug Administration of the United States, along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the side effects of CVS second booster shot are completely similar to the side effects of primary doses and the first booster dose.
Any study related to the effects of the second booster dose did not come up with any new side effects. But, the effectiveness of the vaccine increased by 100%.
- After getting the second booster shot, you might experience fever and fatigue for 24 hours to 48 hours.
- Chills and pain in the arm, Especially on the vaccination spot, are also very common.
- Apart from that, you also might experience headaches and muscle pain after taking the second booster dose.
- At the same time, it is also possible that you get redness and swelling on the spot of vaccination.
People who got allergic reactions after taking the first and second primary dose of COVID-19 are, and why not take the second booster dose also? You might experience a severe allergic reaction.
Kindly remember that the symptoms caused by the vaccination of COVID-19 will go away on their own after 28 to 48 hours. If you are not seeing any improvement in the symptoms even after 48 hours, you can contact your doctor or call 911.
Apart from that, make sure that the severity of your symptoms goes down within 48 hours. If you are not able to handle the symptoms after getting the second booster shot, you should immediately call 911 and ask for medical assistance.
Soon after the advancement of the Food and Drug Administration of the United States regarding the second booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, different pharmaceutical chains in the US, along with CVS Health, started booking for the same.
In the above-given blog, we have discussed all the things related to CVS second booster shot. We started with the eligibility of the second booster doors, and we also discussed the appointment process for CVS’s second booster shot.
Lastly, we talk about the symptoms or side effects of the second booster dose. You don’t have to worry about the side effects as there are no new side effects for the same. You might develop a few simple symptoms after taking the second booster dose, but these symptoms will go away within 24 to 48 hours of the vaccination.
Can I reschedule my CVS second booster shot appointment?
No, unfortunately, you cannot reschedule your CVS second booster shot. Till now, CVS Health and pharmacy have not given any option to reschedule your appointment. But, you can always cancel your first appointment before time and get another appointment after that. It is the only option that is working right now.
Both primary vaccine nations cover 19 booster doses of Johnson and Johnson. Am I eligible to get a second booster dose of Moderna or Pfizer?
Yes, everyone who has received the primary dosage of the COVID-19 vaccine Johnson and Johnson and a booster dose of the same is eligible to get the second booster dose of Moderna or Pfizer. The federal government of the United States, along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, have already announced the mix-and-match policy of COVID-19 vaccination. The eligibility criteria to get a second booster dose of modern or Pfizer is going to be the same as everyone else.
After how many days can I take the second booster dose of COVID-19 from the first booster dose?
As to the latest update by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention along with the Food and Drug Administration of the United States, every eligible person in the United States can get the second booster dose of COVID-19 after 120 days from the first booster dose.