Center of Excellence
The institution allocates sufficient funds for establishing center of excellence in emerging areas in all the departments. The institution sponsored around 28 faculty members and students to present papers in various research forums like Workshops/Seminars/ Symposia/Conferences etc. The college bears all the expenditure (boarding, lodging and travelling) incurred to invite expert members for conducting research forums inside college premises.
To promote research exclusive research centers have been set up in association with reputedOrganizations .
The following list of center of excellence are established in the institution
- Centre of Excellence in IBM Centre of Excellence in CISCO
- Centre of Excellence in REDHAT
- Centre of Excellence in ANDROID
- Centre of Excellence in Advanced VLSI
- Centre of Excellence in Embedded Computing
- Centre of Excellence in Signal and Imaging
- Centre of Excellence in Power Electronics and Drives
- In-house and onsite Project facility in PLC SCADA DCS through Axis Global
- Centre of excellence in Product Development (Rapid Prototype)
SKR Engineering College has taken initiatives to improve the quality of the students projects by
- Encouraging and facilitating projects with social relevance.
- Encouraging more in-house projects under the guidance of faculty members.
- Supporting student research projects in association with ISRO and Professional Bodies.
- Departments interact with Industries government agencies such as MSME to execute interdisciplinary projects.
- Encouraging students to publish papers in National and International conferences and journals.
- Conducting project contest and awarding prizes for the best projects.
- The institution collaborates and interacts with research laboratories by signing MoUs and settingup centers of excellence.
Some of the excellent projects done by students
Department of Computer Science and Engineering(2014-2015)
- Invasive Examine Antidote For Agrarian Diseases by M.Priyadarshini and D.Sandhiya
- Integration Of Remote Electricity Board Monitoring Tampering With Android Based Auto Payment System by M.Saranya and S.Vidya
- Traffic Gesture Mass Regulatory System by Yokesh V
- Employee portal system by DeepikaMohanannair
- Detecting diabetes mellitus and non- proliferative diabetic retinopathy using tongue by Ayishahumaira.a and Gnanasoundari.t
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering(2014-2015)
- GPS based LabVIEW supported navigation for Visually challenged By Deepika.K, Mekhala.S, Naveen kumar.R.
- Detection and Classification of Coronary artery disease By Devibala.N.K.SNikitha.S Apoorva.S.M
- Self guided Pedestrian Crossing robot for Blind ByVetrivell.E, Vignesh.N.S, G.Suresh Krishna.
- Mind wave automated robotic system By Sasidharan.K.P,Sathishkumar.P, Shaikansari.P.
- Automatic Platform allocation with track fault indicator By Sathishkumar.R, Karthikeyan.M ArunKumar.P
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering(2014-2015)
- Prepaid smart energy meter using ZIGBEEE – Dinesh.R, Dinesh.T, Venkatraman B
- Railway Track Management using PLC and SCADA – Antu Kumar, Avinash Thakur, Subash Kumar
- Real time automation of Indian Agricultural System –P.Santosh Kumar, Venkatesh.S
- Wireless power transmission with self-regulated output voltage for bio-medical Im-plant – Jothi.B, Kalaiarasi.S, Loretta.A
Department of Mechanical Engineering(2014-2015)
- DESIGN , DEVELOPMENT AND PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF NATURAL PRESERVATOR
- DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF AUTOMATIC IDLING STOP AND START SYSTEM IN MOTORCYCLES
- DESING AND DEVELOPMENT OF AUTOMATED MULTI PLOUGHER
Department of Information Technology(2014-2015)
- Finding Obstacles for Impaired people using cane
- INTEL-APP for Secured Transport System
- Numerals Recognition using KDA
- Sensitivity based Motion Detection
Department of Civil Engineering (2014-2015)
- Effect of coir fiber and egg albumen in concrete
- A study on their effect of egg shell powder and lime on their properties of clay
- Experimental study on strengthening of concrete using non-bio degradable waste
- Experimental study on concrete by partial replacement of steel slag as fine aggregate
- A comprehensive study on sludge utilization in concrete
Department of Management studies
- Factors driving sustainability of a firm and its impact on performance-a study on the employees skills &behavior with reference to Hatsun agro product pvt.ltd
- Factors That Impact The Choice Of Upward Influence Strategies In A Logistics Company-Strategies Adopted And Its Implications At Sudarshan Cargo (P) Ltd, Chennai.
- MoUs are signed with various industries and universities to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- The institution signs Memorandumof understanding (MoUs) with the industries and
- Research bodies for the effective delivery of the curriculum.
- Leading companies have signed MoU with the institution to enhance the Industry
Institute relationship and conduct a number of lectures on current employable skill set for the young professionals to make them industry ready. Every Department has signed MoUs with leading industries to conduct training programs, seminars, workshops and provide academic project guidance for the students.
- The institution has signed MoUs with various companies such as National Instruments (NI), IBM, ICTACT etc. These companies provide training to the faculty and students and equip them to meet industry standards.
- The institution has signed around 25 MoUs with reputed organizations to support activities like training, placement, projects, internships, sponsoring and participation in technical events. Some of the industries with which institution has signed MoUs are IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, National Instruments, HCL, Axis Global Technologies etc. The institution has wide interaction with the industries and institutions which contributes to the overall development of students performance,quality research activities and hence the growth of the institution.
List of Mou’s
- ICT Academy of TamilNadu
- IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
- VEE Technology solutions
- Surgeforth TechnologiesPvt.Ltd
- Smart Training Resources
- Sree Chandra Auto Components
- Darien Electric Madras
- Axis Global Automation Group Of Companies
- VKS Technologies
- Elysium TechnologiesPrivate Limited
- HCL Infosystems Ltd
- CMC Academy
- MSME –DI
- NI Systems (I) pvt Ltd
- CADD CENTER
- Vee Care
- Adroit Technologies
- Wipro Limited
- Convergy and IT Solution
- Linux pert systems
- ABE Semi-Conductor
- Harbha‟s Technologies
- Jelly Stone Technologies
- Care IT Solutions
Value Added Courses
Apart from the curriculum, value added courses are conducted on various topics during the extended weekdays from 3.20pm to 4.20pm, 3days per week. The specific details of the value added courses are given below.
Value Added Courses are conducted periodically to update the technical knowledge and skills of students in their relevant field like Networking, DB2, Eclipse, Android, Web Technologies, IBM Courses, C#.NET, Blender, Solidworks, ProE, Ansys, EdgeCAM, DCS, Lab View, MATLAB, Robotics and etc.
Department of CSE
- CISCO NETWORKING
- C# AND DOT NET LANGUAGE
- WEB DEVELOPMENT
- OPEN SOURCE LAB
- DOT NET
Department of IT
- WEB PROGRAMMING
- .NET PROGRAMMING
- SOFTWARE FOUNDATION - ADVANCED BY IBM
- SWORD - BLENDER
- OPEN GL - BLENDER
- DOT NET PROGRAMMING
- WEB DESIGNING
- VISUAL BASIC, MS ACCESS
- NETWORKING,SIMULATION TOOLS
- ADOBE SOFTWARE
Department of ECE
- NI LabVIEW
- Fundamentals Of Embedded System Design
Department of EEE
- PLC & SCADA
- MATLAB for Engineers
- IBM software training
Department of MECH
- Auto Cad
- Product Design And Development
- Solid works
- Entreprenurship Development
- SKR LIVE Streaming
- Gas Analyser
- IBM Course
Department of HNS
- Communication Skills
Department of MBA
- Ms OFFICE
Department of CIVIL
- IBM FOUNDATION(PLACEMENT)
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Entrepreneurship Development Centre is one among the ambitious functions of the college. It is an autonomous entrepreneurship development centre working as per the guidance of Ministry of Small Scale Industry, Government of India, New Delhi and Industries Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, Chennai.
The centre also establishes better linkages with industries, R&D institutions, financial institutions and other related organizations engaged in promoting small & medium enterprises (SMEs) including DST, NSIC, EDI, NIESBUD etc.
Objectives of EDC
The objective of establishing an EDC is:
- To set up an institutional mechanism to create self employment opportunities and to convert "job-seekers" into "job-generators".
- To promote self-employment and Entrepreneurship culture among students in the college.
- To enhance employability of educated youth through industry specific skill training.
- Women empowerment.
Functions of EDC
- To conduct Entrepreneurship Awareness in the college.
- To initiate student-projects for innovative ideas.
- To conduct Sector Specific Entrepreneurship Development Programme.
- To conduct Faculty Development Programme in Entrepreneurship.
- To conduct Women Entrepreneurship Development Programme.
- To conduct Skill Development Courses in Mechanical, Electronics and Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Computer Science and Information Technology.
- To undertake Industry consultancy services.
- To undertake research assignments.
SKR ENGINEERING COLLEGE/EDC
ABOUT MSME - BUSINESS INCUBATOR – SKR ENGINEERING COLLEGE
World over, Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) are recognized as an important constituent of the national economies, contributing significantly to employment expansion and poverty alleviation. Recognizing the importance of micro and small enterprises, which constitute an important segment of Indian economy in terms of their contribution to country’s industrial production, exports, employment and creation of entrepreneurial base, the Central and state Governments have been implementing several schemes and programmes for promotion and development of these enterprises. Among the six basic principles of governance underlying the National Common Minimum Programme (NCMP) of the Government, “sustained economic growth in a manner that generates employment” has a pride place. The NCMP also describes the MSEs as “the most employment-intensive segment”.
The main objective of the scheme is to promote emerging technological and knowledge based innovative ventures that seek the nurturing of ideas from professionals beyond the traditional activities of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME’s). The purpose of the small dose of assistance proposed under the present scheme is to support students/ex-students of science and technology and entrepreneurs try out their innovative ideas (processes and products) at the laboratory or workshop stage and beyond (to the extent possible) – to carry forward the idea from its mere conception to ‘know-how ‘ and then to ‘do how’ stage. Even Special Purpose Machine (SPM) would clarify as ‘innovations’ under this low cost scheme as long as they lead to better, more competitive and economical operations and are marketable by the small and medium enterprises that are to be formed by the successful innovators.
Under this scheme “Business Incubators” (BI) is to be set up under Technology (Host) Institutions. The BI is expected to help the incubation of about 10 new ideas or units. For this service, which includes the provision of laboratory / workshop facilities and other assistance / guidance to young innovators, each BI will be given between Rs.4 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh per idea / unit nurtured by them, limited to a total of Rs. 62.5 lakh for the ten units.
So each BI or each Host Institution may get:
- (a) Upgradation of infrastructure = Rs. 2.50 lakhs
- (b) Orientation/Training = Rs. 1.28 lakhs
- (c) Administrative Expenses = Rs. 0.22 lakhs
- (d) Grant to 10 incubatees = Rs. 62.5 Lakhs
- Thus total assistance to BI = Rs. 66.50 lakhs
Our Institution has been approved as Business Incubator for implementing of the scheme “Support for Entrepreneurial and Management Development of SMEs through Incubators” by MSME, New Delhi.
INAGURATION OF SKR MSME BUSINESS INCUBATION CENTRE ON 9TH JULY 2014
The College has ATM of City Union Bank situated in the campus. The ATM functions regularly in the campus and is housed separately. Students, Staff and the nearby public are also allowed to use it.
CHEIF GUEST AND GUEST OF HONOUR WITH THE ENTREPRENEUR'S
VOTE OF THANKS BY Mr.S.SURESH BABU, TREASURER, SKR ENGINEERING COLLEGE CHENNAI.