|Batch||Student’s Name||Title of the Paper||Name of the Journal / Conference|
The Department of BioMedical Engineering is established in the year of 2017, recognized by AICTE and affiliated to ANNA UNIVERSITY .The Department offers a four year undergraduate program in BioMedical Engineering with an initial intake of 60.
To progress the department to attain center of excellence in bioinformatics and bioprocess technologies by providing best Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral programs and R&D activities within a decade.
To develop special skilled training programs for graduates to meet the personality characters stipulated by the industries.
To produce higher caliber Biotechnologists to attain new heights in bioinformatics and bioprocess technology as per industrial needs and to provide leaders in the field of Biomedical.
Program Educational Objectives
Programme Educational Objectives :
1. To produce Biomedical graduates who will be employable in core Biomedical/Pharma industries and domain based software services.
2. To produce research oriented Biomedical graduates who will be employable in academic/Industry sponsored research and also who will be pursuing higher studies.
3. To produce bioentrepreneurs.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Infrastructure & Labs
Centre of Excellence / R&D
Students Activities & Achievements
Industry Institute Interaction (III's)
Events & Conferences
|Date||Event Organized||Name of the guest|
Placement Details & Reports
|Company Name||No of Students|