Our Green Campus
The institution is committed and keen in protection of environmental factors and follows green practices in its building construction, infrastructure, facilities, usage of power etc. An Estate Officer is appointed to look after the college campus. All the staff members are very fond of the college environment and its facilities and the Maintenance department takes care of the green audit.
The College provides a separate hostel for Boys and Girls. It is spacious, well-furnished hostel. Apart from hygienic food, the hostel provides 24x7 Wi-Fi facility and recreational facilities such as TV room, indoor games, gym etc. The hostel has its live-in warden, and in view of the limited hostel accommodation; candidates should note that the grant of admission to a programme of study in the College does not ensure allotment of hostel accommodation and that the accommodation will be offered to the eligible applicants subject to availability.
Rules and regulations
Application for admission to the hostels should be made in the prescribed form. A student seeking hostel admission must give an undertaking in writing that he/she will abide by the rules of the hostel.
The parent or guardian shall also endorse this.
- Admission of the students to the hostels will be decided by the Principal (Chief Warden)
- Attendance will be taken daily by the Deputy Warden after dinner.
- Hostellers should not absent themselves from the college during the college hours and stay in the hostel without proper permission from the deputy warden and the Principal.
- Study Hours: 5.30 P.M – 7.30 P.M. Hostellers should adhere to study hours in the evening.
- No hosteller is permitted to leave the hostel without the permission of the deputy warden & Principal / Dean.
- Visiting Time:
4.00 P.M – 5.30 P.M - Working Days
9.00 A.M – 5.00 P.M - Holidays
- Hostellers are not permitted to bring parent / non-members to stay in the hostel in any case.
- Day scholars are not permitted to enter the hostel, if found, stringent action will be taken against inmates accommodating the day scholars
- Hostellers are advised not to keep money or valuables in their rooms. The hostel or college authorities will not be responsible for lost items.
- PCs / Laptops will be allowed inside the hostel with prior permission only.
- Hostellers should strictly follow the mess timings. Food will not be served after mess timings.
- Hostellers must switch off all electric connections before leaving their rooms. Use of electrical and electronic home appliances inside the room is restricted.
- To leave the hostel during holidays, students should produce out pass at the entrance. Prior permission from the Principal/Director – Student Affairs is required to receive an out pass.
- Possession of intoxicants, smoking, gambling, etc., inside the hostel rooms or hostel premises is strictly prohibited. Hostellers should not tamper with the electrical installations and furniture. Cost of damages to any hostel property shall be recovered from the inmates of the Hostel. Any violation of discipline in the hostel premises shall be dealt seriously and the punishment may be, levy of fine, suspension or expulsion from the hostel or even from the college.
- Matters which are not covered by the above rules shall be decided by the Principal / Dean as and when needed and the decision shall be final.
- Ragging or eve-teasing in the College hostel is totally banned. Students indulging in such activities will be viewed as per the Government order promulgated by the Government of Tamil Nadu in this matter.
- Guests or outsiders are strictly prohibited from entering the hostel premises without prior permission of the warden in-charge.
- Once a student reserves his/her seat and pays the fees for hostel accommodation, he/she will not be eligible for refund, even if he/she chooses not to stay in the hostel
- Hostel main gate will be closed and power will be switched off from 8 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
- Hot water is available for hostellers through the solar power water heaters.
- In general, the above rules are applicable for both boys and girls hostel
The college operates buses from different locations of Chennai, Thiruvallur, Kanchipuram, Guduvancheri, Arakkonam and Chennai suburbs to help the students to reach the campus safely in time. Students willing to avail private transport can make use of frequent MTC bus services to the college.
Students using college transport should follow the college transport timings and maintain discipline and decorum, while travelling.
- Students should not get down in between the points of their start and destination.
- Students should not change the buses allotted to them on their own.
TRANSPORT MANAGER : S. KRISHNA MOORTHY
MOBILE NO: 97890 55332
|Bus Route No||Boarding Point|
|11||SATHYA MOORTHY NAGAR|
|14||MEDAVAKKAM KOOT ROAD|
|16||JANAPAN CHATRAM KOOT ROAD (REDHILLS)|
|17||ATHIPET MAIN ROAD|
|26||MANALI PUTHU NAGAR|
|28||KORATTUR - DEPO|
|32||THIRUVANMIYUR ( RTO OFF)|
|36||KANCHIPURAM TOLL GATE|
Mess & Canteen
A large Dinning Hall with a capacity of 1000 members to dine at the same time enables all students and staff to have the lunch and breakfast. A large modern kitchen with steam cooking is attached to the mess hall. Staff members and students (hostel students) are provided , tea and snacks every day. Special care is taken to provide quality and hygienic food to students. A food committee is responsible for monitoring the operations of the mess for implementing and reviewing the mess policy.
SKR has private recreation canteen running between 7.30 a.m. and 5 p.m., in which the students can refresh during Interval and lunch breaks. The day scholar students can have their Break-fast, Lunch, Snacks and other stationary requirements at a reasonable price.
There are four RO plants providing pure and safe drinking water to the entire campus
- Medical Practitioner available
- MoU with multi speciality hospital
- First aid boxes available in all departments and college buses.
- On call ambulance facility
Sports & GYM
The institution has well equipped sports facilities to conduct Zonal Level and State Level
Tournaments Sports, outdoor and indoor games, gymnasium, auditorium, NSS, NCC, cultural activities, publicspeaking, communication skills development, yoga, health and hygiene, etc.33760 sq.m are dedicated for sports facilities comprising of stadium, playgrounds etc. where Zonal Level & State Level tournaments have been conducted. Sports facilities include the following.
• Volley ball court-2
• Basketball court-1
• Tennis court-1
• Cricket ground-2
• Shuttle badminton court -2
• Indoor stadium-1
• Table tennis-3
• Weight lifting area-1
• Kabadi court-1
• Athletics 400m track-1